United Way offers FREE tax preparation
United Way of Marion County will offer FREE income tax preparation through a variety of VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) locations starting Tuesday, January 17, 2017. Marion County residents are encouraged to get 100 percent of their refund back. Please call 2-1-1 to make an appointment. Tax appointments can also be made online. All volunteers providing tax assistance are trained and certified by the Internal Revenue Service.
Residents will need to bring the following information with them:
- Government issued photo ID, such as drivers license
- Valid Social Security cards, ITN numbers, and birth dates for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
- All wage and income statements (example: W-2, W-2G, 1099- R forms)
- Interest and dividend statements from financial institutions (Form 1099) if applicable
- A copy of last year’s federal tax return
- Proof of day care expenses including: provider’s name, address and federal identification number
- For direct deposit of refund bring checking/savings account and routing numbers
If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must come to the VITA site. Those interested in volunteering as a tax preparer can contact Doug MacPhail at 352-732-9696 ext. 215.