Trained professionals answer the phones to give callers quick and reliable information about community resources to help with:
- Food, Housing and Clothing
- Youth and Child Care Issues
- Physical and Mental Health Services
- 24- hour Crisis and Suicide Counseling
- Elder Services
- Financial Assistance
- Service for People with Disabilities
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Job Training
- Where to Donate Clothes
- Support groups
- And hundreds of other resources... Hours of operation are 24 hrs a day seven days a week.
As Marion County continues to experience tremendous growth, the need for agencies and services has grown proportionally. In order to accommodate the needs of the community, 2-1-1 provides a quality information and referral service encompassing a variety of social service, governmental and support agencies in Marion County.
If you are an agency that would like to be listed as a resource or would like to make changes to your current listing; or if you would like to promote 2-1-1 within your organization, please call Teresa Martyny, 2-1-1 Resource Specialist for Marion County at 1-407-429-2177 or at email@example.com.
For more information about 2-1-1, please contact United Way Community Impact VP, Barbara Bombara at 352-732-9696.