IT'S YOUR MONEY. PAY YOURSELF. FREE TAX CENTERS
United Way of Marion County offers FREE income tax preparation through a variety of VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) locations throughout Marion County. Residents are encouraged to get 100 percent of their return back. Please call 2-1-1 to make an appointment. All volunteers providing tax assistance are trained by the Internal Revenue Service.
2017 Tax Season Begins on January 17, 2017-April 18, 2017.
Tax appointments for will begin in January. Call 2-1-1 (available 24/7) to schedule your appointment or book your appointment online here.
Residents will need to bring the following information with them:
- Government issued photo ID
- Valid Social Security cards, ITN numbers, and birth dates for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
- All wage and income statements (example: W-2, W-2G, 1099- R forms)
- Interest and dividend statements from financial institutions (Form 1099) if applicable
- Heath care documentation
- A copy of last year’s federal tax return
- Proof of day care expenses including: provider’s name, address and federal identification number
- For direct deposit of refund bring checking/savings account and routing numbers
If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must come to the VITA site.
Want to do your taxes yourself?
Visit www.myfreetaxes.com and take avantage of the FREE service!
For more information, contact Doug MacPhail at 352-732-9696 ext. 215.
You could help change the life of a low-income working family by volunteering at one of our centers. Volunteers are needed to be tax preparers, greeters and interpreters. We cannot do this alone. We need you to invest in the lives of struggling families in Marion County. For more information on volunteering call 352-732-9696.