Collaborating for Our Community
United Way of Marion County and our Partner Agencies collaborate to create solutions to serve our community's most pressing social issues. The relationship with our partners is unique. It is characterized by cooperative efforts in community problem solving, outcome measurement of progress toward community problem solving, communication, United Way program funding support and fundraising.
A Partner Agency is responsible for adhering to a number of compliance criteria in order to receive United Way program funding. This includes:
- Be a Tax-Exempt, Non-profit Corporation
- Provide Health and Human Service Programs
- Have Active, Rotating Volunteer Leadership that Represents Diverse Elements of the Community
- Demonstrate Sound Financial and Program Management and Be Willing to Make Full Disclosure
- Provide Timely Financial and Program Outcome Measurement
- Annual Compliance Documentation Required to Be On File with VSUW, including Current USA Patriot Act Certification Form
Partner Agencies and Community groups are encouraged to use the 2-1-1 Counts website for current information on services that are being requested in Marion County.
For more information on how to become a United Way Funded Partner contact United Way at 352-732-9696