What 1 Is Doing
Congratulations Marion County! United Way raised $1,927,431 for our community!
We Congratulate the Following Companies on their Success!
Publix Super Markets, raised a record $551,801 including a 76% participation rate including 87 Leadership Givers (those that give $1,000+).
Marion County Public Schools, raised $236,419 including a 42% participation rate from more than 2,600 donors.
Outstanding New Partner
“Shooting Star” Awards:
These awards go to six different community organizations that have really gone over and above for this year’s United Way campaign within their division.
Manufacturing Division: Signature Brands- This organization had an 28% increase in overall giving raising $26,675.
Commercial Division: Verteks- This organization had a 43% increase in overall giving, had 100% participation and raised $13,026, and entering the Top 25 for the first time.
Finance Division: Gateway Bank- This organization had a 18% increase in overall giving raising $15,969 and achieving 90% participation.
Retail Division: DeLuca Toyota- This organization had a 224% increase in overall giving and had a participation rate of 71%. DeLuca’s raised a total of $22,058.
Health and Human Service Division United Way Funded Partner: Heart of Florida Health Center raised $8,466.00 which was a 29% increase over last year.
Government Division: City of Ocala- They raised a record $44,948, which was a 32% increase in overall giving.
“Big Apple (outstanding employee participation)”
- Elementary— Ocala Springs Elementary School raising $1,450 from their employees, a 23% increase over last year and had 100% participation.
- Middle— Dunnellon Middle School raising $2,368 from their employees, a 22% increase over last year and had 79% participation.
- High— Forest High School raising $7,065 from their employees, a 40% increase over last year and had 52% participation.
“School Spirit (largest percent increase in dollars raised)”
- Elementary— Emerald Shores Elementary School had a 122% increase over last year raising a total of $7,325, a record high for this school.
- Middle—Fort King Middle School had a 95% increase over last year raising a total of $5,919.
- High—Forest High School had a 36% increase over last year raising a total of $8,650, a record high for this school.
“Best of the Best for School (largest overall campaign)”
- Elementary- Reddick-Collier Elementary School with 97% participation, raising $7,567.
- Middle –Osceola Middle School with 54% participation, raising $9,064.
- High – West Port High School with 42% participation, raising $9,003.
Employee Campaign Coordinator of the Year: April Savarese, Gateway Bank
Campaign Volunteer of the Year Award: Rob Relinger, CBC National Bank