UNITED WAY'S WOMEN UNITED
Who We Are:
Women United (WU) members are community leaders who come together as a unique driving force and inspires them to ignite their passion for leading change in the community. The group promotes community involvement and philanthropic giving among women in our community with the purpose of furthering United Way's community-based agenda. Women United has focused its fundraising and engagement efforts around United Way's ReadingPals program.
ReadingPals is a statewide early literacy initiative that provides volunteer mentors for students from Voluntary Pre-kindergarten (VPK) to 3rd grade who may need extra help, utilizing one-on-one or small group settings. Locally, United Way partners with Marion County Public Schools to provide ReadingPals in kindergarten classrooms. Volunteers donate one hour a week during the year in 19 elementary schools across Marion County.
The mission of the United Way's Women United is to inspire, celebrate, educate, and engage women in philanthropy and community service to positively impact lives by:
Bringing women philanthropists together to share their interests and involvements
Apprising women of trends regarding women and philanthropy
Keeping women informed about the needs of our community
Educating women about United Way's Community Impact work
As of July 2021, Women United at United Way of Marion County will undergo a temporary hiatus through January 2022. This planning phase will allow us to restructure and reinvigorate our philanthropic vision for the group. Additionally, membership dues will no longer be accepted. During this time WU will not be hosting any in person events. If you are interested in serving on the WU committee as a current or future member email Vianca L. Torres, Staff Liaison to Women United, via firstname.lastname@example.org. In January of 2022, we will kick-off a new year with magnificent new opportunities to help foster goodwill in Marion County, unique new fundraisers, mixers, and so much more.
- Leadership and networking opportunities:
- Be a Community Impact Leader! Share your ideas and build relationships with group members, United Way staff, and community leaders in a variety of fun and meaningful settings
- Connect with community-minded women while expanding personal and professional opportunities.
- Be Recognized as a Leadership Donor
- Receive philanthropic recognition as a United Way Leadership Donor.
- Community service and volunteer projects:
- Be a Volunteer Hero! Participate in at least two affinity group exclusive volunteer opportunities annually
- Serve as an Ambassador for United Way through advocating, speaking, and volunteering.
- Engaging community events and fundraisers:
- Host events that support early literacy: Every year, affinity group members host a variety of community events that create meaningful engagement and true change.
- Network with Community Leaders receives special invitations and early ticket access to events. You’ll also receive a Caring Club Card that gets you special discounts from restaurants and businesses.
JOIN THE POWER OF WOMEN
We are sisters, daughters, wives and mothers. we are business owners, corporate leaders, homemakers, doctors, lawyers,
engineers and teachers. We manage businesses while we drive the carpool to our children's school.
The power to change our community is in our hands. We invite you to join us and build on the power of women.
BECOME A MEMBER
As a United Way Leadership Donor (a household gift of $1,000 or more), or the spouse of a donor, you automatically qualify and are a Woman United member. If you are a past dues member and wish to continue participating in Women United but cannot commit to the Leadership Level of giving there are still many ways for you to support our efforts including the Step-Up Program.
Please complete the form below to let us know you would like to get involved with the group and start receiving updates on programming.