The United Way Young Leaders Society is an organization of passionate young professionals who are actively seeking ways to Connect, Serve & Lead to make a positive and lasting impact throughout our community.
Connect ---with other "fast track" Young Professionals & experienced business leaders.
Serve---our community where you are needed most.
Lead---by example, engaged in unique YLS leadership & service opportunities.
The Young Leaders Society encourages members to be proactive in increasing membership through leadership giving, to provide networking opportunities through social events and volunteerism, and to educate members on social issues and needs in order to prepare and inspire them for leadership roles within the community.
Who is it for?
The next generation of Marion County leaders are...
- most of our members are in their 20's and 30's. They come from a variety of backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common: they care deeply about this community.
- people who want to take active and visible leadership roles in community projects, committees and boards.
- valued supporters of United Way - through generous sharing of your time, talents and financial resources.
What's in it for you?
YLS leverages the power of the United Way network to provide members with...
- access to top community leaders.
- extraordinary social activities.
- unique service and leadership opportunities that make a measurable impact on our community.
Who is Eligible to Join?
Individuals or couples 40 and under who invest a combined annual gift of $250 or more in the community through United Way are invited to become members of YLS. Eligible donors are encouraged to check the YLS box on their pledge form to ensure that they are invited to future YLS events.
Benefits of Joining YLS
YLS provides members an opportunity to:
- Network and form new partnerships with area business and community leaders while working together to enhance the lives of others.
- Participate in the many YLS special events that are held throughout the year (educational lunches, recognition dinners, United Way agency tours and special community service volunteer opportunities).
- Growing professionally and personally by participating in a variety of learning and leadership development opportunities.
- Increasing your involvement in the community by participating in service projects that make a measurable impact on our community
- Become educated on community issues, agencies and programs receiving United Way support.
- Receive recognition in United Way's annual Leadership Giving Directory.
- Having fun and expanding your network by socializing with other area young leaders
For more information on the Young Leaders Society, contact United Way at 352-732-9696 or email@example.com.