The Strong Families Initiative is a financial stability effort that helps families EXPAND KNOWLEDGE, LOWER DEBT TO BUILD CREDIT, INCREASE INCOME, EDUCATION AND THEIR HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES THROUGH SKILL BUILDING AND THEIR OWN PERSONAL SUCCESS COACH.
United Way of Marion County is currently accepting applications for Strong Families Class 11! The deadline to apply is June 25, 2021. Click the links below to apply today!
According to the 2018 A.L.I.C.E. (Asset Limited Income Constrained Employed) report 51 percent of Marion County families struggle to meet their financial needs. To address this, United Way of Marion County has launched the Strong Families Initiative.
The goal of the Strong Families program is to increase financial stability for participating families. This program will serve 80-90 adults and children each year. Strong Families is a unique initiative that leverages our relationships with more than 10 non-profit partners, in collaboration with employers, local colleges, financial institutions and agencies. Strong Families provides families with comprehensive resources, wraparound support and the services they need to reach real and lasting financial stability. The initiative helps families build stronger financial futures by acquiring skills and education, obtaining better jobs and developing good financial habits.
Hear more from the participants of Strong Families by viewing our promotional video.
To help identify families to participate, United Way is partnering with Creative Services, Community Action, Habitat for Humanity, Interfaith, Kids Central, Inc, Marion County Community Services, Ocala Housing Authority, Shepherd's LightHouse, and The Salvation Army.
Through this initiative, United Way of Marion County will be partnering with local agencies and serving identified families who can benefit from this effort to increase their financial stability.
Some of the major components of the initiative are:
- Skill Building - 15 weeks of skill building sessions (2 cycles per year).
- Success Coaching - A case manager will meet with families bi-weekly
The goals of this case management will include:
- Providing resources for each family's needs.
- Ensuring all families are attending the skill building sessions.
- Tracking the family’s progress toward their goals.
Strong Families Initiative will track data such as:
- Goals for the family - each family will establish and identify reasonable goals to meet.
- Monitor progress towards those goals.
- Current level of public assistance that the family is receiving.
- Referrals to other social services.
- Participants need to have stable housing
- Participants are required to have substance abuse and mental health issues under control.
- Participants must be motivated to make positive, long-term changes to their lifestyle. (long-term shelter or transitional housing is acceptable).
Download the porgram flyer here
For more information on this program, contact Strong Families Director/Success Coach, Pebbles Vance, via email@example.com or 352-732-9696 ext 215.