GIVE AN HOUR. GIVE A DAY. GIVE YOUR BEST.
We all have special talents. Things we can do to help, and when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. Whether it's preparing school readiness kits for hard-working families or helping to improve neighborhoods, there are many volunteer options available in Marion County. So give the gift of you. Volunteer.
Volunteering is a great way to make a hands-on difference in your community. People volunteer for many reasons: feeling compassion for others in need, wanting to "give back" and being passionate about the issues facing our community. Whether it is important to you to improve lives in the community by advancing the common good or simply personal development, volunteering offers an opportunity to LIVE UNITED by engaging in our community. Volunteering can help you:
- Make important networking contacts
- Learn or develop skills
- Teach your skills to others
- Enhance your resume
- Gain valuable work experience
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Meet new people
- Give back for help you may have received in the past
- Encourage others to foster community responsiblity
- Make a difference in someone's life
Whatever your reason, United Way of Marion County is dedicated to providing a wide variety of resources and options for you to get involved.