• Valid picture ID such as a driver's license/state identification for all taxpayers.
• Copy of your prior year's tax return.
• Social Security cards or ITIN letters for yourself, your spouse, your children, and other
• Birth dates for you, your spouse, children ,and other dependents (birth certificates are not
• W-2s, W-2G
• 1099- Misc. from all employers
• 1099 from financial institutions showing Interest, dividends, and any stock sales
• 1099-R forms if retired
• 1099-SSA from the Social Security Administration
• Child care expenses, including the provider's address and Federal ID #
• Mortgage company statements
• Adoption expenses
• Alimony paid or received
• Documentation for the purchase of a home
• Any notices received from the IRS or state tax office
• Property tax bills
• College tuition and student loan interest statements
• Additional forms of income such as:
o Prizes and awards
o Scholarships and fellowships
o Lottery/gambling winnings
For direct deposit of your refund:
Please provide a canceled, blank check which includes your nine-digit routing number and account number.
*If you don't have a checking account, contact your bank and obtain the American Bankers Association (ABA).
Please note: both spouses must be present to sign the required forms to file taxes electronically on a married-filing joint tax return.
Visit www.myfreetaxes.com and take advantage of the FREE service!