Before accepting the CEO and President Role at United Way of Marion County in September of 2022, Robert "Bob" Haight served as the organization's VP of Resource Development.
Bob's United Way career spans over 40 years, serving as CEO and President with the United Way of Portage County, Riverbend United Way, Heart of Illinois United Way, United Way of Illinois, and Heart of West Michigan United Way. Most recently, Bob served at Heart of Florida United Way's Sr. VP of Resource Development from 2010-2019. Upon his departure in 2019, the organization's financial position was at $32.6 million.
Bob truly represents United Way and strives to uplift the community he serves, and he does so alongside his wife of 40 years, Sue. Together, they have two daughters, an energetic grandson, and a loving labrador retriever named Silber. In his spare time, you will find him on the greens playing a round of golf (or two), reading a good book about political and social issues, and spending time with family and friends.
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Marketing & Management, Ashland University
- Master of Social Science Administration, Case Western Reserve University
- Merger of three United Ways in Madison County, Illinois
- 2-1-1 Legislation in Illinois
- Illinois Child Welfare Reimbursement Legislation
- Co-created Schools of Hope and First Steps Kent
- Transitional Housing for Women and Children
- Natural Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
- Riverside High School Alumni Hall of Fame
- United Way Worldwide Service Recognition Award
- Champion of Youth Award, YMCA
- United Way Worldwide Advanced Leadership Recipient