United Way of Marion County is looking for a reception and administrative assistant to join our Resource Development team and assist with greeting guests, data entry, meeting coordination, and preparation for upcoming events.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Sr. Resource Development Director
THE RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT TEAM
United Way of Marion County’s Resource Development team works together to ensure the organization has the tools, means, and ability to effectively achieve the mission of uniting local resources to help our neighbors. The department has three main focus areas: Fund Development, Marketing, and Volunteer Development.
As Reception and Administrative Assistant, you will:
- screen all incoming calls and greet guests
- directly assist the Resource Development team with day-to-day tasks
- schedule meetings and help teammates prepare campaign materials for organizations hosting United Way fundraising campaigns
- assist with maintaining the Donor Database
- assist with planning events
To successfully uphold the responsibilities of this position, you need to:
- have basic software knowledge or the ability to learn new software quickly
- hold a welcoming presence during phone calls and interactions with visitors
- have basic data entry and maintenance skills, including strong attention to detail, typing of at least 60 WPM, and reporting
- have a can-do attitude and initiative to complete tasks independently
- have flexibility and openness to helping the team in other areas as needs arise
- have a strong desire to help others and approach all responsibilities and tasks with heart and sincere drive!
- College Graduate/GED
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Microsoft Office 365
- Professional Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Andar360 Knowlege is a Plus!
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Growth opportunities
- Casual work attire
Job Type and Pay:
- $12.00 - $14.00 per hour, based on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Do you think you're an excellent fit for this position? We'd love to meet you!
Click the button below to apply on indeed.com.
Here's a little more info about UWMC...
United Way of Marion County is a local independent organization operating under the United Way Worldwide Network – one of the world’s largest privately funded charities. Serving a mission to bring local education, financial stability, and health resources to our neighbors, United Way of Marion County leads five community impact programs: Community Partnership Schools™, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), Success by Six, ReadingPals, and Strong Families.
United Way of Marion County is the mission of choice for more than 500 Volunteers, 4000 donors, and 150 corporate partners. Together, we are uniting resources to our neighbors.
Community Partnership Schools™ is a school-to-community based model developed by the University of Central Florida that aims to form a long-term partnership among four core partners - a school district, a university or college, a community-based nonprofit and a healthcare provider.
This comprehensive model leverages the social and institutional capital of all partners. The goal is to remove barriers to learning and provide built-in support so students can achieve academic success and lifelong prosperity.
United Way of Marion County is the Lead Service Agency for the local program. Other community partners include the College of Central Florida, Heart of Florida Health Center, HCA Florida Ocala Hospital, Marion County Public Schools, and the Public Education Foundation.
In Marion County, our goals include school readiness, student academic success, various pillars of health, and parent and community engagement. We provide a safe space for participants to study, learn, live, connect and thrive.